Monday, September 28, 2009

And these are my confessions...

1. I thoroughly enjoy autumn. The colors, smells, the dryness of the hair, the crisp morning breeze... It is all so very lovely.

2. I haven't dated since high school. Somedays, this kills me... but other days I'm so grateful. The 2 boys I dated in high school: one is married to a girl he cheated on me with & the other is a bum. Looks like it wouldn't have worked out either way!

3. I have never had a great communication system with my family. We get along, but we just don't have those "things" other families do.

4. My father didn't tell me he loved me until I was 17 years old... after I threatened to run away.

5. My junior and senior years of high school were both the best and the worst years of my life.

6. I wouldn't call myself a feminist, but I would say that women should not make 77 cents to every mans dollar. Also, i am a firm believer that a woman CAN go into vocational ministry. Also, I think that it is perfectly fine for a girl not to wait around for a boy.

7. Somedays, I very seriously think I will end up single because I am so strong-willed, and carry alot of leadership roles.

8. I looove to sew, paint, and vintage shop. I think that these things are so very relaxing, and I can't wait until I have time to do it again!

9. Guilty Pleasure: pajamas all day + movies + ice cream + no need to get ready or put on makeup.

10. I'm an only child. I try really hard to not act like it. I like to think I'm doing a good job at that, too. I also have the BEST sisters a girl could ask for.

11. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I know that I want to go into ministry somehow - what that looks like, I have no idea. My ultimate dream is to work for or start a girls ministry that does not just focus on the "typical girls" in todays culture. I just want to tell them how beautiful they are and what a wonderful King is pursuing after their heart.

12. I grew fond of the country of Bhutan this summer. One of the least evangelized countries in the world - and I've come in contact with M's there. One day, I will go there, and I will love on those people. They are the most precious people to me. I might start crying thinking about them.

No comments: