Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ch-ch-ch-changes

Well, here I am. A week and a day since my first day of work. What hasn't happened in my life since then? [No, really, there's been a LOT!]

I was basically 'transferred' to a different office & new role in Oklahoma City! This is such an exciting opportunity for me. With this opportunity, I will work alongside a team and minister to Student Ministers across the state. I am so excited that God opened this door of opportunity here, too. I remember as a Falls Creek staff member saying, "I want that job one day"... and somehow, by the grace of God, it happened! I got the job I wanted! I work with a wonderful team who really encourages me personally, and just by watching them day-to-day. They are the biggest example in my life of what Godly men look & act like.

I always wondered how the Lord would use me in Ministry - being a woman for starters. It's unfortunate how stubborn people are today (in my opinion), and how some refuse to be ministered by women. I remember a year or so ago being completely confused by the call I knew the Lord had placed on my life. Through that year, I continued to doubt God's call on my life, and also doubted his faithfulness to pull through for me.

But... He did. He did pull through.

What a good God we serve. He pulled through.



Some things I have learned since being out of college:

I need to learn how to love my neighbor.
When I knew that the Lord was calling me to stay in America and not go to China, I felt the Lord calling me to Love my neighbor. I can Love people I don't have to be around often - because honestly, I can 'fake' a love to them. However; that is not genuine and real love, and definitely not a love which comes from Father.

I need to learn how to delight in all circumstances.
Some circumstances, which are considered 'bad' in my opinion are blessings in disguise from the Lord. Not having a boyfriend, not having my own place, not having a large income, feeling like I'm alone because of no friends in the area - ALL work for the goodness of God's will for me. I heard this song today, and it really made me think about the blessings from God which we count as curses. A few of the lyrics are,

"Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if the thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise"

I need to learn that behind the scenes work is ministry, and perhaps a very, very important ministry.
I have often felt a need to be in the center of attention, i'll admit. I'd like to believe it is a part of being an only child, and thank goodness I didn't inherit all of the only-child traits. I'm used to ministering to people relationally, and often in the spotlight. I love to speak, live life with people, and walk alongside others through their rough times. However; my ministry at my job is calling me to fill in the small details so that others can do those things. This is extremely humbling to me - because much of their ministry would not happen if I were not setting everything up for them. They would not have adequate time to prepare like they do now.

Yep, this one's long. Sorry!




No comments: