Sunday, August 10, 2008

... He didn't throw the stones...

I should be sleeping. Oh well.
The Lord is so good. Through the whole summer, I prayed that God would lead me to a new church.. where I would be involved and not just another member. My home church is going through a big time right now. We don't have any staff, and all of our programs are beginning to dwindle down.
This summer, God told me that I needed to get in touch with people who have left church. They have graduated, and left. And Then he told me that I would reach so many people my age if we just opened up a ministry for them.
Then today, the guy who is stepping in as Youth Pastor at my church pulled me aside and said, "heather, how would you feel about starting a college ministry"..

God uses people. Ordinary people. For huge tasks. I am so thrilled.

Please be praying for this new ministry. Pray that we draw more people to seek Christ's face, and that God would be the Author of all of this.

Thanks, guys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's very cool Heather! God is a mighty and awesome God. Praying for you and looking forward to seeing you again soon!