Monday, August 25, 2008

Class hasn't even started.

I was sitting in the book study for the new students "The Idea of a Christian College" with Dr. Kelly today. He was going over a few chapters... meanwhile, I'm sitting back, relaxing, (instead of taking notes like last year).. and he said something that was so profound... well, in my life.
I had changed plans for college. I planned to go to OBU, until my senior year. I decided, that I would go to Oklahoma State. I was talking to my youth pastor one day after church.. and he said, "So, why aren't you going to go to OBU anymore?" My answer was: "I don't want my religion spoon fed to me."
Today while watching the freshman scrummage for notes in Dr.Kellys class, I realized that I finally got to take in what He was saying in his book study. All Truth is Gods - understanding ALL types of truth (even secular truth) connects us with our creator; to ultimately see God in ALL truth.
I took my freshman year for granted. I went to class, studied, had a social life, and made the grades. But, I forgot that when I study ANYTHING, just not new or old testament.. I'm worshiping God. Academics are a part of worship and obedience to God. Because All Truth is Gods. Literature. Math. Science. Truth. It's all Gods.
This was worship today.My God,is true.Creation.. it is crying out to its creator.And ultimately, i'm worshiping.
"The person who knows only his or her bible knows not even that!" - Dr. Kelly

1 comment:

Shan said...

i love dr. kelly. tell him hi from the cunninghams, and ask him if we knows we are having a baby in a few weeks! (that man is hard to get a hold of)