Sunday, March 7, 2010

And here is my current concern....

I decided today it would be a good idea to start looking at seminaries. I wasn't too prepared with the college scenario, so I decided to get a head start today. Overwhelming. What am I doing with my life? All of the sudden, I couldn't think why I'm a Communications major, why I want to go to seminary, if I'm limited on what I can study in seminary because I'm a girl... and all of these things started to unfold in front of my eyes.

Along with these other concerns, this weekend I've been thinking quite a bit about what I want to do with my life. I want to work with a youth group. I want to disciple, encourage, and motivate students. I want the outcast girls to love Jesus. I want the prissy girls to love Jesus. This is what I want to spend my life doing... but I'm not so sure what Jesus thinks sometimes


Jesus gives a good example in Luke 9. In verse 59, To another he said, "Follow me." But he said, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father". And Jesus said to him, "Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God."

I don't know where to start - or where to serve. Or what that looks like. I've had a hard enough time trying to find a church home here in this town, much less somewhere to serve.

Growing up sucks.

No comments: