Thursday, March 25, 2010

In the valleys... and in the meadows...

I've had a lot going on. And, not to be Debbie Downer, but it's actually really frustrating, and really depressing.

I'm really learning what it means to trust and love Jesus just as much in the valleys as we do in the meadows.

Recently, a friend of mine who is having an excellent time in life, getting just about all the blessings one can imagine, said to me, "God is SO good, and SO faithful."... and she looked at me, and I know I probably had the saddest look on my face..

He is?

I remember my thoughts as she said that. I said to myself, "it's easy for you to say... everything is working out for you".

Going through this valley.. it's hard. And there are parts where I'm sure I was dragged through rocks. And there's parts of this journey where I look up to the sky... and say, "God, where are you, and why aren't you helping me get out of here?". There are days where I decide I am selfish, and I just want so sit next to a swamp of alligators so they can eat me alive.
Of course, these are all exaggerations.

What I keep trying to pound into this little brain of mine is the open hand policy. In Job 1:21, He says, "The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away". Living with hands open is absolutely hard.

There's a song that I relate to this verse... but the verse of the song says,

Blessed be your name in the Land that is Plentiful
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name.

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
though I walk through the wilderness
blessed be your name



Through the loss of friendships,
Blessed be Your name.

When I'm lost and confused,
Blessed be Your name.

When I feel like I have been dragged against rocks,
Blessed be Your name.

When I'm having a great day,
Blessed be Your name.

When I'm living in your presence,
Blessed be Your name.