Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Revival is near...


I am so thankful to have finally found a church family. Huge blessing. As of right now, it is 30 minutes away from where I live, but there is a church plant coming to my city. PTL (Praise the Lord). Through that, God has opened so many doors for me to know him more, and know him intimately.

All my life, I've grown up in a fairly conservative church... which, don't get me wrong - they are doing some great things in the world. This year is the first time, however, i have been introduced to the Holy Spirit in my life. Because of that, my life has drastically, and its an unexplainable thing. I've never in my life thought as God, the creator of the universe mind you, as a healer, my passion, my flame, my fire. Never have I seen God that way. I know thats crazy to say, but I think so many times we begin to ignore who he is and why he is here. We get caught up in tradition singing songs and then having a three point sermon. Recently, I visited a church with my friend that sang before worship... and I didn't see one person singing a heartfelt message (i know, who am i to judge). We sing to INVITE the holy spirit in. I think at some point we've gone all wrong in deciding how services should be held, or what constructs a 'sermon'... I think sometimes we think we need fill in the blanks on our bulletin or we need a 3 point sermon with all of the points beginning with the letter 'S'.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that sometimes, we all put God in this box, and we don't allow him to escape. Sometimes, we put him inside a stained glass window and we don't let him out. What I'm asking you to do, and hoping you will see... is to let him out... There are so many great things that are still to be done, and if we don't rely on the Holy Spirit to do it... WHO WILL?! We, as humans, can't convict, or comfort, heal, be a fire, or a flame. But Christ can. Let him out. Allow him to work. Allow the world to change because of it.

I guess thats what has been on my heart lately.

Also, I'm realizing more and more that I am dealing with some culture-shock issues. I've become less motivated, more messy, and more aggravated with the Church. I don't know if you can see that within my writings.



As you look at a few of these photos today, I ask that you would please join me in praying for Atheist and Buddhist Asia.



Funny thing that happened this week:
-my friends apparently (jokingly) signed me up for an online dating service. Goodness. That was fun...


Well. Thanks for reading!

No comments: