Sunday, June 27, 2010

Contentment?


This summer so far has been exactly what I have needed. I talked in this post about how i was scared to death of this summer - I thought I would be bored out of my mind. Surprisingly, I'm not. I've been staying busy, but I haven't been overworked and exhausted. It's been a perfect time for me to get to know God better, and see His calling on my life.
I feel within the past 3 months - my best friends are [literally] packing their bags, and leaving. I have countless friends who are moving on into another phase in their life, whether its marriage, seminary, moving, going overseas... I feel like several of my friends are saying, "peace out" while I'm stuck here in small-town, America. {Still content on being here, don't freak out on me}.

I'm kind of envious, in a way. I still have a year left of school, but I wish I could just go now. I'll get over it next year when it's my turn and cry like a baby because I don't wanna grow up.

I went to camp (the one I worked at) with my old youth-group last week. Talk about the most exhausting week of my entire life. I did, however, get a chance to tell my girls about the nations. Why they should pray & go, and what it meant to be SENT.
"As you SENT me into the world, so I have SENT them into the world" - John 17:18
What a wonderful reminder. However, It did make me not miss camp as much being in the heat and walking up and down hills. :)

Today, I went to the Asian Market to pick up a few things (the necessities, of course). [OH! And I finally found Lotus Root and I was way too happy... I didn't purchase today, though. It was expensive] and as I was walking around, I noticed a scent that I have smelled somewhere before... and I look over by the registers, and there is a man burning paper money! I was shocked! I remember seeing that when I was in Asia, but I have never seen that in America. It brought back some bad memories, and it made me want to quit my job, sell my stuff, and move to Asia and tell others about the Good News. I seriously have never felt so compelled or obligated in my life. I think I want to move there after I graduate...

No comments: