Sunday, August 8, 2010

Alright men, I'm being serious.

So, last post, I said my attempt was not to bash the men. This post. I'm being so for real: STEP up your game.

So, tonight I was having dinner with one of my best friends who I don't get to see often because of the distance/work schedules between us. We were chatting away about life, and her phone goes off. She looks down.. and looks at me and says with a straight face, "Somethings wrong"... And I couldn't understand. She and her boy had just broken up a few days ago.

We drove with silence on the way home. We sat in my living room. And she cried. She didn't talk. And she finally burst into hysterical tears: "Heather, I just don't know what to do. I'm scared". We went to my room to talk, where after a long series, she told me her boyfriend holds her down to yell at her, when she does something wrong, he hits her... and leaves bruises.

Men, It's time to stand up. Fathers, teach your sons how to be men. Christians, leave your circle of christian friends... and go mentor and disciple men who are not getting it.

This is NOT under any circumstances okay.

No comments: