Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Skewl is bak

Well. Here we are. This time tomorrow, I'll be back at school - in small town, America. I can almost smell the putrid funk coming from the mill now.

This year makes me really apprehensive. It's my last year of school, as long as things go as planned. I want my senior year to be fun, exciting, memorable... and spirit filled.

This summer has been a spiritual drought for me. I am currently is desperate need for a downpour of the Holy Spirit. I feel like right now, I'm walking on dry land. I want water to be so high I have to swim. I want to get out of this depression/drought season with the Lord. I've learned through my church, that following Christ isn't hard. I need to put hardships behind me, and run towards the cross, full speed, without looking back.

I'm going to have one of the biggest opportunities of my life this year - discipleing 8 girls. My job 'requires' me to spend one-on-one time with these girls... which makes me so excited. I want to live life with them as we seek our savior together.

I have less than a year to find a big-girl-job. Yiiiikes. This scares me. Do I move overseas? Do I find a job here in OKC? I feel like I have so many options ahead of me.

So, I guess I'm asking... Will you pray for me as I start school?
  1. Pray for my spiritual life. Pray that I don't allow the enemy to keep me down.
  2. Pray for my senior year - that is it FUN, and EXCITING!
  3. Pray for the girls I'll be spending one on one time with - pray that they have a passion and desire to seek Father together. Pray that this will start a never-ending cycle of d-ship and revival at OBU.
  4. Pray for my future - that this year, Father will show me exactly what his Will is for my life.

No comments: