Thursday, November 11, 2010

Deliver me.

Deliver me from my prideful mind. It weights heavier on me all the time. What a silent, yet such a deadly crime.. to think I own my own life.

Deliver me from my hateful thoughts, I'm committing murder... in the presence of God. Break my heart just like David's was...with a weeping, pregnant, widow in my house. How can i despise my brother when I've killed your only begotten son... Help me prefer another and say... you are the only God.

This morning... my alarm went off earlier than i'd ever want. In the small obedience, Lord. Let my heart stay bowed down. Father, you've given Jesus all those who you will raise up. And all eyes including mine will say : You are the only God.

Deliver me. Deliver me.
-Bethany Dillon, Deliver Me

Deliverance has become a word that comes through my mind on most days. The depths of this word haven't even begun to touch my heart. I have been in this idea of running from God. I have no clue what he wants for my life, and so I am running to find my own way. I'll admit it. I am scared of where he may ask me to serve. I'm scared of the unknown. I need, and desperately plea, to be delivered back into the kingdom of God.

I trust Jesus. I guess I only trust Him to an extent. I run away before I give him a chance to show me His mercies.

Jesus, Jesus how I trust You
How I've proved You o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus
Deliver me
Come and pull me through
Come pull me through

I need to learn how to live as a confident woman; as a woman who walks through the wilderness alone frequently; as a woman who fears for her life and runs the opposite direction.

Father, let your light shine down on me in the wilderness. Where it's cold, annoying, dark, and I don't seem to see you always. Allow me to see your beauty.


No comments: