Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ephiphany

I went to a prayer-team meeting for church tonight. I thought I was going to learn how to pray; instead, we prayed. I was a little apprehensive. That sounds bad. I was scared my prayers wouldn't be as knowledgeable, loving, or worded appropriately. I'm not an expert pray-er.

I say this time and time again throughout my blog. But, as a resounding gong, here I go again: I struggle with being single. Usually everyday. And to be honest, it probably consumes my thought on a good day, and it gets me down on a bad day.

This culture I live in constantly tells me, "Get married, get married"... when in reality, marriage is a gift. It's a blessing. Just because I may not get married, does not mean Father hasn't gifted me in different ways. Or even that I am not blessed by God.

I just want a husband. The good thing about God, though, is that he has already filled my void. He knew I would have this void, and my heart would ache for a husband. Isaiah 54:4-8 says, "For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called. For the Lord has called you like a wife deserted and grieved in spirit, like a wife of youth when she is cast off, says your God. For a brief moment I deserted you, but with great compassion I will gather you. In overflowing anger for a moment I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I will ahve compassion on you", says the Lord, your Redeemer.

Thank you, Lord. For your promise. for your covenant of peace.

1 comment:

Melissa Joy said...

Oh man. You need to do the study "Restore my Heart" by Denise Glenn. It's ALL about being the bride of Christ. I think you would love it.