Saturday, April 23, 2011

I would be happier living overseas.

I would be so much happier living overseas. I understand there is an aspect of spiritual darkness, but I think allowing myself to be a light in a dark place would bring me joy and peace. Last night, I told a few of my close friends my decision to turn down an offer in Asia. My friend Rachel, said to me, "I think you'll be blessed for it. I'm proud of you for being so brave".

I don't know when staying in America became the brave thing for me to do. But, it did. My heart is clearly not here - and really not for these people. I love Asia, Asians, and especially rice. Those things are not commonly found in America (well... real asians, real rice, and ... well.. Asia).

That was just an extra thought for last night - you don't even have to pay for that... it's totally free.

No comments: