Friday, April 22, 2011

change of scenery

Just a few days until I graduate college. Your read that correctly. Days. As in... 20. Which is 10 days less than a month. Wow. I'm growing up. Sometimes, I feel as if I should just be beginning college again - start the whole process over. Maybe go further back than that - maybe go and enjoy my senior prom once more.

But, I'm excited about what Father is going to do in my life. He's providing - in ways that I wanted Him to work otherwise.

I've learned lately that we can have really great God-glorifying passions that aren't necessarily His plans for us. It's cliche but... "I know the plans I have for you - plans to prosper, not to harm you - to give you a hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

This has been a battle to me desiring to spend time overseas. For some reason, Father has called me to stay here. Which, I won't lie: is frustrating. I ask God, "why do you have me stay when there are so many who need you over there?". I guess Father is slowly teaching me how to minister here. He's teaching me to dwell in his quiet, tender presence... and that's nice.

I'm going to miss college - but I'm ready to embark on a new Journey in my life. Granted, I'm prepared for the wilderness. I don't want to be there yet again - but I'm prepared for it. As I take on this new journey - of a single lady living in a town where I know only a few - I can listen to the quiet, tender, and passionate thoughts from my Abba.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should know I've always looked up to you as a spiritual mentor. In this post, and your others like it, just affirm that as a good decision for me.