Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Maybe someday I will be free.. from these memories haunting me.

I found a love letter today
That you gave me for no reason at all
i read it for over an hour
and I can't throw it away

remember when you were amazed?
remember when this was so perfect?
remember when we lifted each other up?
remember when we drove for hours?

and one day, oh i know i'll be free
from all of these memories that pass me by
and one day, i know i'll be free...
from all of these memories you gave me.

you surprised me with flowers
on the worst day i've ever had.
you drove 20 miles across town
just to comfort me

remember when we were amazed?
remember when this was so real?
remember when we thought we found it?
remember how we wanted to spend every holiday with each other?
remember when we lived for the day..
together?


Sorry for the emo-ness, guys. I've been kinda down lately, listening to Dave Matthews and Stephen Speaks all day... haha...

I pray that one day a guy can sweep me off my feet. I have stuck to this floor for so long, and I'm ready to be pursued.

Jesus will bring Him. And He's going to be so amazing. And so much better than i've imagined.

1 comment:

Kee said...

I completely know how you feel. I've been struggling with this for the past year. There's a sermon series you should listen to. It's a podcast by The Village Church called The Role of Men. It just kind of helped the void and made me know everything would turn out how it was supposed to. (Plus the pastor, Matt Chandler is amazing!)