Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Who in the world am I?

Really? Who in the world stole my heart?
What monster have I turned into?

The past... countless entries in my prayer journal are so hard for me to read. I am going through Psalms. Its so surprising to me, how what the Psalmist is describing.. is describing my life to a "T". In Psalm 116, the Psalmist says, "I love the Lord because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live. the snares of death encompassed me; the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me; I suffered distress and anguish. Then I called on the name of the Lord: 'O Lord, I pray, deliver my soul!' ".

Deliver my soul, O God. I am crying out in desperation. Change me, again, Lord. Mold me to what you want me to look like. Show me your brilliant masterpiece; I am Yours! I am created to shout glory to You; to make your name famous!

Lord, It's hard living this life alone. I know you've been by me this whole time.. But God I don't feel your presence. Show me your presence, your love, your grace... God... please find me.
comfort me. Please show me an unsurpassing peace. Show me your glory, your presence.
I love you, Lord.

No comments: