Tuesday, December 23, 2008

....and...EVEN unto us.

I recently have discovered my dwindling of friends here in Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City just... isn't the 'happening place to be' now-a-days. When I was in Highschool... well.. it wasn't too cool then either... but at least I felt like I had friends! All my friends have recently moved away or changed lifestyles... which is practically like moving away. I've "caught up" with the few that live here.. and i don't want to sound dissatisfied, but I just miss all my other friends. It just kind of sucks feeling like at school it's just a glorified, higher-education - highschool.. and coming here and feeling like you don't belong. I guess its just the season bringing me down. Friends, I miss you.

I have begun "church hopping". I have never.. EVER in my life not had a church home - except when I was without a heavenly father. No place has seemed like "home" yet... no group of believers have made me feel welcome (actually, noone who are 'members of a church' have even come up and introduced themselves to me!). I miss Wednesday nights at the Wharf. A challenging message was always presented, and it seemed as if we worked together as the body of Christ (most of the time.. ). That's where most of my friends came from. Perhaps this is why I may be a little down.

On another note, It's almost Christmas.. and... this is the first Christmas I have ever witnessed that is actually somewhat cold, and makes me look festive. You never know what the weather here in Oklahoma will bring, but I do know that my closet has nothing for these 15 degree temperatures! I hope I get a new sweater for Christmas.

This Christmas, I want to share love with someone: a family, a cashier, or a person carrying tons of groceries to their car. I personally don't have the finances currently to allow me to go buy them a huge present (I barely bought my family anything). I do want to share with them that I deeply care about them. I would like to share with them the true meaning of Christmas. Speaking of Which, at Bridgeway a couple Sundays ago, Joel shared this poem.. which warmed my heart and made me want to share the gospel with everyone I knew. Love you all!
Merry Christmas!

Unto us a child is born
unto all of usunto the widow unto the homeless the addict the AIDS patient
unto us the football captain
and the drag queen
unto us the politicianthe factory blue collar us the single mother the crack baby and unto us the affluent suburbanite unto us the goth the hippie the rocker the alternative and undergroundunto us in Hollywood and on Madison Avenue and unto all of us in between unto us in the gutters of Calcuttaunto the Muslim and the Jew the Buddhist the Krishna and the Hindu unto us the fatherless unto the heavenly fatherless For unto us a child is born a son is givenand a secret revolution begun. This is what the prophets had been preparing for.They said his name would be, “Most Beautiful Wisdom”“the Highest of Heaven’s Secrets” his name would be “the God who continually bends over backwards for you” “the God who gets down on his hands and knees” “the God who would become silly and mis-understood”“the God who would be mocked- - the God whose namewould be taken in vain.” He would be called “the God of underdogs”“the God of the powerless and unspiritual”“the God of those who cannot pray or fast” And there would be no end to him and hisunderdog weaklings or their secretthere would be no end evenwhile the nations continue to rage on even as ethnos rises against ethnos even as valleys are filled with dead bones and rivers run with blood even as violence runs through our streets and schools and hearts covering us like a thick fog Even in this dark land of weak people the God who bends over backwards will shine forth like a great light as the dawning of a new day letting his secret spread forth with healing and joy.Drop the mirror and let it shatterCrush the hourglass and stop the clocks ticking stand still hold your breath anticipate—imagine your wildest dreams. Sell everything and buy the farm Come with me, cover your eyes and hold out your hands stop your weepingstop your groans the fast is over. Let the celebration begin the father has come He has sent his son Unto us He has been born even unto us. © 1999 Deeper Living Space


(it was in two-colum format on Microsoft Word... I guess it messed up.. Pardon me!)

No comments: