Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I realized there was something I've been meaning to blog about all week!

The other day, I went to the Optometrist for my yearly eye-appointment exam. I am never too thrilled about these, because it seems like when he is looking into my eye with that small microsope he holds in his hand.. he is WAY too close to my face. I have to hold myself from laughing (and for those of you who know me, thats not an easy task to do!).

As I walked in today, the secretary was helping an elderly lady try on a pair of glasses. I couldn't help myself when I overheard their conversation about the ladys age. She said, "You know, i'm 99!". I thought to myself... "This lady is 99 and NOT in a nursing home or a wheelchair?? REALLY?". She was such a joyful lady. After she had finished, She looked at her husband (or brother, or friend) and said, "I'm just so thankful I have my helper".

I wonder sometimes if YHWH sees us in that light. When we are near to him, when we NEED him, when we are desperate for his Hesed... if he just wants to hear us say, "I'm so thankful I have my helper".

The LORD is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies
-Psalm 118:7

No comments: