Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Breaking up is hard to do...

It occurred to me last night that What God talks about in his word is so relevant to us today. He calls us, as his Church, His bride. What a beautiful picture.

Recently (for those of you who do not keep up with my blog) I recently ended an unhealthy 6 year relationship. I was [and still could say I am] in love with this boy. He's perfect to me, and I'm so happy around him anytime I get the chance. But, something just wasn't right. I know for a fact that I am called to serve in ministry, and missions. His heart just wasn't in the same place mine is in. We both were too scared to commit, I think.

The funny thing is - is that's what we do to God. We could marry him, he IS perfect for us - we just don't want to commit. I know how God feels now, to have is heart attached to me while I run to other things that really don't concern him at all.


Father, help me be closer to you. Help me live as a member of your bride. Amen

No comments: