Sunday, May 9, 2010

sisters.



I am an avid supporter of social clubs. Today I would like to dedicate this post to Theta Sigma Chi.

My Freshman year, I came to OBU, and people in my life (such as my youth pastor and other OBU alum) scared me away from social clubs. Whenever I was invited to an open rush, i said, "heeeck no".... because the "Cool Kids" weren't in Social Clubs.

My second semester - I came back after a month long break, and somehow, all of my old friends began to cling to each other... without me. I had a few friends - Kylie and Aly - who were going to go to an open rush. I went, with no desire to join - at all.

I met the girls - and I was NOT impressed. somehow, God really used that experience. I thought about it, even after I had said I would never join one.. God clearly knew what he was doing, and urged me to join. So. I did.

Two years later - I cannot imagine my life without the people I have met through Theta. Gosh - these girls really have proved themselves to be my sisters. They stick up for me. They love me. We fight. They're there with a pint of ben & jerrys when I'm haivng a bad day. I would have NEVER expected to meet such amazing people while I was in college - especially in a 'sorority', if you will.

I have grown, and made a transformation with myself since my freshman year. While part of this could be blamed on growing up and through experiences, Theta has always been there for me on Monday nights with encouragement.

so, Thank you, to my sisters. For being there for me, and allowing me to be there for you in our heartache, in tough times, and especially in happy times. Thank you for being there while i've searched for myself, and loved me when I was cynical. Thank you for continually being the body of Christ to me.

Through Him, the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love as each part does its work. --Ephesians 4:16

No comments: